We've chosen not to have a booth in the marketplace, opting instead to keep our resources here at the shop all weekend, especially for those of you coming in from out-of-town, who may not otherwise get to see the machine in action.
We know that those of you attending the Sock Summit will all have busy schedules with classes, panels, and the other fun events going on all weekend, so we're going to have some special extended hours here at the shop that will help to accommodate all of you. On Thursday night we're going to have an after hours sale & soiree where you can take your time and put together your dream yarn! This Thursday, August 6th, we'll open at 11 a.m. as usual, and all day you can enjoy:
- 10% off any purchase of pre-made sock yarn (does not apply to custom-wound orders)
- 15% off any pre-made cones in our bargain basket
We will remain open until 9 p.m. that evening -- with food, drinks, and merriment beginning at 6 p.m.!
Here's when we'll be open this whole week/end:
* Wednesday, August 5: 11am-6pm
* Thursday, August 6: 11am-9pm
(special extended hours!)
* Friday, August 7: 11am-6pm
* Saturday, August 8: 11am-6pm
* Sunday, August 9: 12pm-5pm (or until everyone's done shopping)
What if I come to Yarnia that weekend wanting to make my own yarn, and there's a long line?
We realize that with so many people coming to town for the Sock Summit, things may get a little busy and crowded here in the store! That's why we've come up with a few options for you, if you do happen to arrive during a busy time:
* If you would like to purchase any premade cones -- that is, yarn that has already been wound (one of our "house blends") -- just let us know and we will happily ring you up whenever you are ready. The same also goes for needles, notions, or accessories.
* You are welcome to take as much time as you need to pick out colors, swatch up a sample and see how you like it, and ask for help figuring out how much yarn you'll need for your project. However, because we can only wind one blend at a time (and we realize many of you may want to wind up multiple cones while you're here), we'll have order forms available that you can use to let us know all the information about your yarn once you've chosen.
If you don't want to wait to have it wound, you may prepay for your yarn and choose one of the three following options for pickup:
1) Come back to the store the following day, or any day thereafter during our open hours, to pick up your finished yarn
2) Have your finished yarn shipped to you for an additional flat-rate charge of $9.80
3) Pick up your yarn this weekend at the Sock Summit -- we'll have your yarn ready for you in front of the entrance to the Convention Center between 8:00am and 8:30am on Saturday, or between 11:00 and 11:45am on Sunday.